What is the Lymph System?
The lymph system is a circulation system in your body that removes excess fluid and waste cells from the tissues. It is responsible for removing about 10% of the fluid from your tissue spaces, and it is the system that removes waste proteins.
What Stimulates lymph flow?
· Muscle contraction
· Pressure (such as the abdominal pressure changes that happen with breathing)
· Peristalis – movement of digestion
· Intrinsic movement (smooth muscle of the lymph system contracts)
· Pulsing arteries
· Increased body temperature, up to 104°
· Stretching lymph vessels lengthwise and diagonal using manual lymph drainage
Managing your risk means assisting your system in finding a new balance. This includes opening new pathways, stimulating remaining pathways, understanding when you are stimulating increased flow and giving your body the time and support it needs.
We would like to help you get started on your journey for lymph health with these FREE handouts. Just sign up below and it will be sent to you via e-mail