As the growth of online learning and community connection through social media continues to be the future of our society, our specialists at Therapy Solutions knew their clinic needed to expand our services and education into the internet space.
We are using this platform to not only educate clients, patients, and other medical professionals but to also give people the opportunity to make better, informed decisions when it comes to their health. Our hope is that people feel empowered in their health care choices and learn that they are in fact the "experts" concerning their body and mind.
Dr. Irene Luc PT, DPT, OCS, TPS
Irene started her studies as an artist and historian but her love for people and science brought her into this field. She believes creativity and evidence-based treatment can co-exist. She has practiced in the outpatient setting for 17+ years with a concentration in treating spinal injuries, post-surgical rehab, arthritis and inflammatory conditions, autoimmune disorders, and chronic pain. She has trained in Maitland manual techniques, myofascial and lymphatic care which she combines them with a functional approach to exercise for the whole body. She has brought her knowledge from the clinic to research for low back pain at Washington University and being a lab instructor at two universities in the Midwest. After extending her studies to the brain and its power to direct healing from trauma and pain, she now focuses her practices on a holistic program that blends applied neuroscience and neurofeedback for clients with chronic conditions, pain, anxiety, sleep disorders, and memory/attention deficits. She also leads a women's support group for trauma recovery that focuses on brain training to help heal. She has seen many clients restore their lives as they reconnect their brain to their bodies and her main goal is to give people control over their health again. She enjoys hunting, fishing, and exploring all things outdoors that the Northwest has to offer.
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy, University of Montana
- Master's in Physical Therapy, Saint Louis University
- ABPTS Board-Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
- Therapeutic Pain Specialist, International Pain and Spine Institute/EIM
- Neuroscience Academy Certificate in Applied Neuroscience & Brain Health
- Pain Neuroscience Educator/Pain Recovery Program
- Vodder Basic Training
- Neurofeedback Brain Trainer
Dr. Sara Nelson PT, DPT, WCS, CLT-LANA Vodder
This is a big year for me! This is the 30th year of being a physical therapist and the 20th year of this business! It has become a labor of love and a mission to offer a standard of care that I believe is needed to help individuals achieve optimal health.
The values of the clinic are my values. And the people who have joined this facility share in these values of excellence, creativity and person-centered care.
I am a lover of learning and am passionate about assisting people facing physical limitations make meaningful and positive changes in their lives. My curiosity and desire to help has led to the accumulation of a lot of additional training and knowledge and my focus has landed on treating people who are dealing with:
- Lymphedema and conditions affecting the lymph system including lip edema and abdominal congestion
- Recovery from cancer
- Pelvic floor dysfunction (pelvic pain, urinary urgency and stress incontinence)
- Repetitive strain
- Musculoskeletal dysfunction
- Multiple disease processes or injuries that create symptoms of pain and limited mobility
I am a manual therapist: I have spent hundreds of hours in training to learn hands on methods to improve fascial integrity and freedom of movement. I have trained to advanced levels in John F. Barnes Myofascial Release, Upledger CranioSacral Therapy, Barral Visceral Manipulation, and the original Dr. Vodder Method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage. I prefer to focus on helping individuals understand the universal principles of fascial release and integrity and how they can use this knowledge for their own health.
I am a facilitator of living with intention: My treatments are a combination of hands on methods, education, and movement with the goal of making fundamental improvements in health. Education emphasizes skill development for self care. Movement emphasizes a combination of yoga, functional fitness, Gyrotonic, and fundamentals of bringing movement into every day life. I choose movement that fits the individual. I want to see my clients become proficient in managing their symptoms and feel they have received valuable tools for the time and money.
My current efforts are two fold: (1) providing innovative services that give us greater freedom to help individuals in their journey through physical challenges and (2) helping other therapists to carry on the traditions of healing I have learned.
My greatest teachers are the people who do me the honor of coming in for care and guidance to manage and overcome their conditions. I hope to see you if I am a fit for you!
- Bachelors of Science, summa cum laude, Physical Therapy, University of Utah, 1990
- Masters in Orthopedic Manual Therapy, Ola Grimsby Institute, San Diego, CA, 1993
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Forest Grove, OR, Pacific University, 2008
- Board Certified Women’s Health Specialist, APTA, 2013
- Myofascial Release 1, 2, Unwinding, John Barnes Myofascial Technique
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist, Vodder Institute
- The Barral Institute Visceral Manipulation
- Upledger Craniosacral
- Certified Yoga Therapist, 2017
Dr. Chrissy Rankin, PT, DPT, CF-L1
My specialties include treating people with general orthopedic problems and pelvic floor dysfunction. I am also very interested in expanding Therapy Solutions care for our prenatal and postpartum patients.
My treatment philosophy is combining physical therapy evidence-based practice, heart rate variability (HRV), and patient education while incorporating patients’ wants, needs, and expectations to achieve functional goals and to improve their overall quality of life.
In my spare time, I enjoy participating ing a wide variety of sports, going to concerts, eating good food, and traveling.
- Bachelors of Science: Human Development and Family Science, The Ohio State University, 2013
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Nova Southeastern University, 2016
- APTA Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 1 and 2
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment 1
- Functional Movement Screen 1 and 2
- Birthfit Professional
- Crossfit Level 1 Trainer
- FMT RockTape
- Vodder Basic
Shona Craig, DPT
Shona’s mission is to integrate her conventional medical education with the moreholistic view of the human being; this includes the physical, emotional, intellectual,spiritual, and relational aspects that all contribute to wellbeing. Shona’s specialities are in pelvic health and lymphedema.After graduating DPT school in 2014, her strong intention to find a mentor/clinic that would help cultivate her natural healing instincts manifested in finding Therapy Solutions. In her five years at Therapy Solutions, Shona journeyed far into the hearts of others working with patients, taking classes and attending workshops and most of all working in collaboration with other clinicians and her mentor, but she journeyed even further into herself. In the fall of 2019, she moved back home to New York to spread all she has learned to the east coast. Although she has moved, she is excited to remain a part of Therapy Solutions through online projects, workshops, and retreats. She is dual licensed in NY and WA and will be visiting Therapy Solutions as a guest therapist.
Shona has training in:
• Yoga RYT500 (Iyengar, therapeutic, restorative)
• Myofascial Release (John F. Barnes approach)
• Manual Lymphatic Drainage (Certified Lymphedema Therapist, Dr. Vodder School)
• Craniosacral Therapy (Upledger Institute)
• Visceral Manipulation (Barral Institute)
• Pelvic Floor Evaluation and Treatment
• Kinesio Tape (Certified FMT RockTape)
• Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy
Shona has experience treating a variety of conditions including:
• Orthopedic conditions (sports and other injuries, post-surgical)
• Musculoskeletal dysfunction
• Lymphedema, and conditions effecting the lymph system
• Conditions related to cancer
• Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Bachelors of Science, magna cum laude, Clinical Health Studies, Ithaca College, NY, 2012
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Ithaca College, NY, 2014
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist, Vodder Institute, 2015
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200), Rasayana Yoga, 2018